Hello friends! Happy Valentine’s day!
It is Wednesday and I’m writing my first post of this week. Life has been a little crazy over here hence why I’ve been MIA. Plus my blog was down for a couple of days and didn’t know about it until today. Thank God I could fix the problem quickly. I’m really sorry if you’ve stop by and the blog was not loading.
Anyways. Lets quickly catch up on my last week’s runs before I dive into this week of training shall we?:)
Monday: Like usual, this was a rest day for me. I’ve been wanting to switch it up but at the same time I don’t. I guess it’ll stay like that while I make up my mind.
Tuesday: 30 min tempo. I wanted to do it on fresh rested legs. So that’s why I started the week with a tempo. During those 30 min I got to run 2.58 miles. However, I did 3-4 mins of warm up before starting my watch. So I guess that will make it around 3 miles in total for that day.
Wednesday: 5 miles at 11:26 average pace.
Thursday: Unplanned rest to avoid cramps during that time of the month.
Friday: 3.2 miles at 11:31 average pace. I did have to cut this run short as I was running late for work.
Saturday: 8 outdoor miles at 11:41 average pace.
Sunday: Rest day.
Total miles: 19.2 miles. My highest weekly mileage ever.
I really wanted a doughnut after that. So Luke got me a dozen.
Even though I had to cut a run short and having my period made things a thousand times harder for me, this was an amazing week of training. I’m seeing progress big time and I’m happy about it. Not only I ran more than 18 miles injury-free but I’m also running faster. I feel positive.
Goals for this week:
– See if I can reach the same mileage.
– Keep my long run at 8 miles or less. My training plan is calling up for 9 this week, but I don’t know if I’m ready for that just yet. Those 8 miles made me feel uncomfortably fatigued.
Now, to catch up with what this week has actually been for me, I have only two things to say:
– Monday was a rest day as usual.
– Yesterday was a cross training day. I needed a mental break from the treadmill. So I went to the gym and did 10 min of intense stair master along with some core exercises. After that, I was really missing my run. I guess I just needed one gym session for that mental break to be over.
– Today was a running day. But I’m keeping those details for tomorrow’s post!
I really hope you enjoy your Valentine’s day.
We decided we’re staying home this year as we’re looking to save money. Luke is cooking my favorite steak, and I’ll be baking him his favorite chocolate chip cookies <3.
What are your plans for Valentine’s day?
What are your goals for this week?