Days without running: 4.
Days without exercising: 4.
Current level of injury pain: low but still there.
Current levels of Endorphins/Serotonins: very low.
Even though running is not everything in life, a life without running can feel so empty (when you’re a runner of course).
That’s just me overreacting as usual. But lets face it, not being able to go for a run really sucks. I’ve heard many times that runners want to run even more when their injured. I can totally feel related right now.
I’m still going to attempt an arm workout today at the gym to see if I can get some of those happiness hormones going on. In the mean time, I’m going to talk about the most random stuff I’ve been discovering in the past few days.
I needed make up so I decided to head Ulta and Walgreens for a couple of stuff, and this is what I ended up getting.
– Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. I’ve tried many and so far there’s nothing out there than can replace this one. This is a high end mascara, but I think is ok to splurge on them because one of these will usually last me for many months.
– This NYX HD Concealer in Yellow. First time trying it. Not too excited about it. I don’t think is actually a concealer and don’t really understand the function of yellow to cover dark circles. Don’t think I’m repurchasing this one.
– NYX Lip Gloss in Natural. This is SO pretty. It has a thick consistency and is very shiny. Loved it. Next time I get one will be in a more brownish tone since this one looks way too pink on my lips.
– Wet N’ Wild MegaLiner in black. This stuff is AMAZING. I have many years using it and I don’t know if they’ve recently improved its formula or what, but I think is not that different than some high-end eyeliners. This eyeliner is very dark and it stays on for more than 12 hours. Plus, it is so affordable compared to other drugstore eye liners out there. Nothing can beat that.
– Wet N’ Wild MegaLast Nail Polish on Ninja Lovelace. You can’t really see it on the picture, but this is a brown color with gold glitter. Not a huge fan of glitter. Never been one. But for some reason I felt excited about this color in particular, so I decided to pick it up. I promise to report back on this one soon.
Makeup isn’t the only thing I’ve been exploring. I’ve been also wanting to taste these Larabars that I’ve seen all over the internet.
These ones are made only with Dates and Peanuts. Two things that I really love…separately!!
To be honest, I tried this bar and thought it was delicious. But for some reason I don’t feel like eating the other flavors I got. So, I don’t really know how I feel about them. Maybe they are too rich for me. Maybe only half of one will be enough. Who knows.
I can’t say I’m a picky eater (because I’m absolutely not). However, I’m pretty specific with things I like. I don’t mind eating the same ice cream all the time if it’s one I really like. When I go to get froyo, I could literally have the same flavors with the same topics all over again and be really happy.
The other day I decided to split one because it sounded like a very good and weird idea, and this is what the froyo looked like:
I discovered that frozen yogurt and butterfingers are a combination I love. So, I guess trying new things can’t really be bad right?
Moral of the story: I must keep trying to find another exercise that can substitute running just for a couple of week.
What new things have you been exploring/discovering lately?