I’ve finally made my comeback to running. Today I’ve had my first run of 2018 and I’m so glad it happened even though it was extremely hard. I’ll be talking more about it in tomorrow’s post.
In honor of Martin Luther King Day yesterday, I wanted to post this beautiful quote from him. Love is certainly a good way to carry your life.
I also wanted to share 10 things that you might not know about me, and that I don’t think are included on my Bio description. So here we go!
- People often think I’m 17 to 21 years-old. It was really funny when I was shopping around for wedding dresses, the bridal consultants where horrified to learn that I was getting married. But the truth is that I am 26 and in six months I’ll be 27.
- I’m an avid coffee drinker and every single person that knows me can affirm this. My husband says he started drinking more coffee ever since he met me.
- It has happened to me that sometimes my alarm does not wake me up. I just can’t hear it. So I’ll set a different alarm every 10 minutes to make sure I wake up. This drove my roommate crazy for many years, and my husband jokes about that all the time.
- I’m obsessed with makeup and never leave the house without it, unless I’m going out for a run / exercise.
- I’m also obsessed with latin music and country. Probably my favorite music lately.
- Soccer is my favorite sport and I’m beyond excited for the FIFA world cup this year. This was one thing me and my husband had in common when we met.
- I need at least 20 minutes of my day to watch YouTube. It’s been part of my daily routine for many years now. YouTube entertains me and it inspires me everyday, just like all the blogs I read. In fact, I might start to post actual videos on my channel this year.
- I absolutely love Coke, but I restrict myself on this or else I’m going to start needing it in every meal. I also like seltzer water. So, I’ll have one for dinner every day and I’ll have a diet Coke when I really really want one.
- My native language is Spanish as I was born and raised in Venezuela. However, people often tells me I barely have an accent when speaking in English.
- I’m a conservative libertarian and I used to write/talk about politics back in the day. At one point it became really draining and so I started writing about my new passion, running.
What is one thing about you that you would like to share with me?
How was your Monday? Did you have to go to work?
I did, and so far I’m really looking forward to this weekend.